the "similarity to dril" ordering on this is so good https://otherorders.net/ my picks from the most dril-like sentences in Grimm's Fairy Tales:
* look at the shoe!
* Was it not enough to clip off the end of my beard?
* Perhaps the unknown man will show himself.'
* The second, 'Who has been eating off my plate?'
* 'I set it on my head and it kicked my face.'
* Then the man said, 'I knew not that the garden belonged to you; can nothing save my life?'
@aparrish I uh
@halcy yeah that one seems buggy, hmm
@aparrish Two from eroticism in "The Communist Manifesto":
"Thus the aristocracy took their revenge by singing lampoons on their new master, and whispering in his ears sinister prophecies of coming catastrophe."
"They had to be burst asunder; they were burst asunder."
@aparrish Also Gothness in "The Communist Manifesto": "WORKING MEN OF ALL COUNTRIES, UNITE!"
1) Cinderella (the birds about the stepsister's bloody shoe)
2) That's the dwarf from Snow White and Rose Red
3) I dunno that one
4) one of the dwarves from Snow White
5) aaaa. I know which story it is, but I don't know the title. *duckducks* Clever Hans https://www.grimmstories.com/en/grimm_fairy-tales/clever_hans
6) Is that Rapunzel's father?
@aparrish i thought dril was inspired by Shakespeare?
@meena still more evidence for Campbell's monomyth
@aparrish I’m crying, this is excellent. Also I fed Ulysses to the dril sieve and it was pretty much as I hoped.
@aparrish a good and useful tool
@aparrish this would be really lovely integrated into a fedi client. I wonder how hard that would be to do.
@liaizon that's a fantastic idea!
Hometown is adapted from Mastodon, a decentralized social network with no ads, no corporate surveillance, and ethical design.