I wanna rant about lifted pickup trucks, there are so many here. the cargo bed has no hydraulic dumping/loading system and always stays level so it isn't very useful for transporting loading/unloading material, while at the same time you have to be in good shape to even fucking get inside of it. Nobody even uses pickups for transporting materials anyways outside of contract workers (who obviously don't lift it and if anything lower it). Basically no cars have ramps or are even convertable to allow wheelchair access when they are a huge van/SUV even though that is an obvious design possibility enabled by having a larger vehicle. Fucking dutch microcars can come with ramps and in the US I see vans with fucking cranes and lifting systems for the elderly and wheelchair users and shit it is so ridiculous and requires someone to assist anyways. They are *too big* and *too tall* and just cause cascading accessibility problems.
No, these things aren't for accessibility, you hear advocacy around cars for accessibility from the people this car-centric ideology has encircled and threatened and most deeply controlled who cannot see an escape. The soccer mom with multiple kids who is expected to be their personal gasoline valet from birth until driver's license and the status-wielding car owners who flaunt wealth or manliness with their automobile on a work commute full of debt-sink spaghetti interchanges that bankrupt their city. People who forgot how Newton's laws work and think bigger cars are safer and provide more protection (from the other huge cars) as a protection racket of momentum.
If cars are so accessible:
1. Where can I hop in one and use it now?
2. Where are the accessible ones which can be used without a hand, arm, leg, or from a wheelchair without assistance?
3. Why do they kill so many fucking people during the regular course of operation???
list of terrible people
Since sedition and threatening government officials can get the feds on your ass, here's a handful of people whose demise you CAN call for:
• Andy Jassy - CEO of Amazon (no, it's not Bezos, but him too).
• Satya Nadella - CEO of Microsoft (not Bill Gates, but him too).
• Sundar Pichai - CEO of Alphabet, aka Google.
• Mark Elliot Zuckerberg - CEO of Facebook.
• Brian Cornell - CEO and Chairman of Target Corporation AND a chairman for Yum! Brands including Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut (fuck this guy personally. I've met him.)
• Greg Penner and Doug McMilllon - President and Chairman & CEO, respectively, of Walmart Inc.
• Rodney McMullen - CEO of Kroger Company .
• Seiji Izumisawa and Shunichi Miyanaga - CEO and Chairman of the Board, respectively, of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries .
• Darius Adamczyk - CEO of Honeywell (you know, Honeywell? they make that space heater you use, or that fan? they do most of their work in the war industry. they make missiles and military aircraft components and systems.).
• James Taiclet - CEO and President of Lockheed Martin Corporation.
• Kathy Warden - CEO and President of Northrop Grumman.
• Phebe Novakovic - CEO and Chairman of General Dynamics (also, fun fact, formerly worked for the CIA and DOD).
• Patrick "Rick" Smith and Luke Larson - Founder & CEO, and President, respectively, of Axon Enterprise. They created and continue to produce the Taser.
• David Nance - CEO of SABRE Security Equipment Corporation, who advertise themselves as being the #1 producer of OC Spray (Pepper Spray) for law enforcement.
There's too many to list. But I think you get the point. Make them feel afraid. Make them feel unsafe in the streets, in their homes, in their beds.
There are some (mostly cis female) authors who like to write stories about worlds where there are only women and all the men have died of some disease or something. This is problematic for a number of reasons, and many people have spoken out about it. However, I have a proposed solution with what to do with these stories:
1. Write a world with only men
2. Make the men all have sex with each other
3. Send the story to me.
Pretty simple, really. Problem solved!
sometimes I think about that story where in 2009 a bunch of Chinese steelworkers in Tonghua responded to an executive announcing their company was going to be privatized and 25,000 of their 30,000 jobs were being eliminated as part of that by striking, rioting, pulling the executive into the crowd and beating him to death.
the privatization plan was cancelled right after that.
just yknow, sometimes I think about that.
Jock Dad of Friend Camp.
Hometown is adapted from Mastodon, a decentralized social network with no ads, no corporate surveillance, and ethical design.