velvet buzzsaw (+) Show more
I watched VELVET BUZZSAW yesterday, the Netflix horror film where Jake Gyllenhaal plays a bisexual art critic. Thoughts:
- not an amazing movie but campy/enjoyable, I recommend it for camp
- the characters are delightful and also very true to my experience of the art world
- it's not actually scary, it's very cheesy-movie horror, I was laughing the whole time
- it was cathartic to see a bunch of art world types die gory deaths
- the actors are clearly having a great time
Friend Camp features several modifications that were requested by our users.
If you want decent privacy (the info doesn't leave this server), the only way to do that is to set your account to private, only accept friend requests from other friend.camp users, and only ever @ mention other friend.camp users. Once you start talking to people on other servers, all bets are off. Any private message you send to someone on another server could be looked at by the admin of a different server. This is kind of like email: if you are on a private email server, and you send an unencrypted email to a gmail account, congrats, Google now has the content of that email. But also, you do this every day, so, hey. The internet!