~ dreams ~
just dreamt that what my brain labeled "a woman from mastodon" was crashing at the apartment and in the middle of the night (so, presently) required emergency dental work; i gave my dentist's number in mile end but they were full.
only later, while i was trying to pee surreptitiously near a church, did i realise there's a place in a rickety old walkup near work downtown, possibly near or at Cheap Thrills, a second-hand bookstore.
so, whomstever needed that info, there it is.
~ dream ~
i'm walking near parc lafontaine but construction has excavated under the street & the ground is buckling under me. i enter a familiar house but it's like a ride or a kids movie & the walls start splitting apart; a slide opens under me into the unknown & i fall, at first i say "i've been here before," but i see something downslope and start screaming in terror.
nynaeve & rand/me unleash Satan. he terrorises the world w/deadly pranks, aimed at punishing/shaming me. the only way to save people is to avoid them. i find refuge in a tiny but incredible second-hand bookstore, but leave before it's destroyed. i find @firstname.lastname@example.org using a makeshift computer to project a picture of "the static," since the original project was destroyed. at this i collapse in tears.
~dream~ (drug mention)
they're filming The Wire 2 in mile end, i'm asked to reprise my role. Ziggy almost runs me over in the stm depot. shooting is delayed so i find a vacant lot near marché des possibles where i smoke a pinner w/Bodie & Bunk. we cook Mr Noodles broth like heroin in a spoon.
some Games People arrive and i try to look cool but fall over into the snow.
@email@example.com is biking across canada and the kit & ko teams are monitoring his progress on a huge physical map.
then we're all travelling to meet him but i'm carrying a chair for some reason and angry about the burden but a coworker and an officemate get frustrated with me. everyone leaves me behind and i start crying in the metro station.
i catch up with them, but they didn't bring along enough snacks to give me an equal share.
it is safe to say that i am working through some things.
i'm w/family in a midcentury cottage set in rolling valleys. my niece keeps finding drawers & cupboards open when they were previously closed. my nephew sees the word AZIMUTH scrolling on all LED screens. my sister-in-law hears voices outside. i see my grandmother in one room, she's talking to someone i can't see.
dream, graphic violence, double recursion
i'm a detective investigating a murder in a French harbour. a homeless man was killed at the docks, & we determine it was the Joker who put his fist down the man's throat and left behind a photograph of us investigating the murder; i am writing the story on the fly while experiencing it.
two battles royale last night:
1) Nadine of Twin Peaks is encased in transdimensional solid, Big Ed travels to the negative world to save her. i wave at some game dev friends. Heath Ledger's Joker attacks me.
2) island hopping, shrinking territory due to climate change. some game devs froth at the mouth prophesying my demise, but i sneak away.
dreams, some sci-fi violence
* i leave a bar to dodge an ex, ending up in a brutalist structure that makes up the universe. from there, i lead the 12 colonies of kobol to another universe where architects build the entire past & future of a building into its structure.
the various manifolds of these buildings all eventually coalesce into @everest's Ellinger, TX
dreams, some sci-fi violence
* next i'm in a universe where strictly information can be sent instantaneously anywhere in the universe; i'm part of a crew virtually exploring deep space from matrix-like pods on earth. captain Erick Avari is cool as hell, though his mind gets airlocked.
* finally, a dream in which we have a high school reunion ten years prior to graduation.
it was a confusing night.
playing a new sport & video game. both are called: Tim Curry Makes Loud Noises. it's basketball but one net is a hockey net. you can use your hands or your feet but once you choose you have to stick with it. every player gets a ball. every player is Tim Curry.
Hometown is adapted from Mastodon, a decentralized social network with no ads, no corporate surveillance, and ethical design.