• birds are not susceptible to capsaicin
• birds are basically dinosaurs
• so dinosaurs were not susceptible to capsaicin
• so dinosaurs could not use hot peppers in their cuisine for their "heat"
• so dinosaur cuisine probably relied more on black pepper and sharp acidic flavors for heat
@ranjit dinosaur poop was pretty hot shit
@phooky coprolite? more like coproTITE
@ranjit Isn't that the main ingredient in pepper spray?
@x44203 yeah, so don't try to stop velociraptors with pepper spray
Hometown is adapted from Mastodon, a decentralized social network with no ads, no corporate surveillance, and ethical design.